Nov 18, 2014

Precious Moments

I found a note scrawled in red marker on a little piece of paper that said, 'Come to the weting Daddy,' decorated with hearts and a bouquet and an envelope.  Intrigued, I {sort of} woke Josh up so I could hear the rest of this story...

I whisper into the darkness to Josh, to see if he might be even a shred of awake still.  "Hey."

Without opening an eye, he mumbles, "What?"

"What is with the note in the bathroom about a wedding?"

Without skipping a beat, without opening his eyes, he says, "There's going to be a wedding on November 30th."

Completely smitten by her plans and by him being so serious on her behalf, I giggle and ask, "Oh really?  Who is getting married?"

Again, into the darkness, all serious, eyes still shut, still trying to go to sleep, "Her two bunnies."

Heart stolen to consider her official paper invitation and the dialogue that surely transpired.  Heart stolen to take inventory again in my heart of how fantastic Anna's relationship with her Daddy is.  Heart stolen by the effort of planning Anna puts into her ideas.  Heart stolen that that man of mine keeps up with his daughter's earnest details and NEVER acts like he would rather be doing anything besides hang out with her and her brother.  Heart stolen to picture this wedding that will surely take place and that we will surely attend ... Then again, I wasn't on the invitation, was I? :S  Maybe she will let me be Daddy's +1. Ha!

So entirely precious to me.  All of it.
So thankful for these precious moments.

7 comments:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I love watching my girl and her Daddy and we're only 18 months in. :-) And I love these sneak peeks into your family.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I had to come back to tell you that I love the word picture "shred of awake." :-)

Kimberly said...

Just made my day! ♥♥

Emily said...

"her two bunnies" OH my dear ... I just heard his voice when I read it...he really is a great daddy! Love it!!!!!

Kimberly said...

Like, seriously! She does this stuff with just him. No Mom in the mix. They just hang and it is so normal for them. ♥

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Emily's comment made me smile because I too could picture Josh's voice as he responded to each of your questions... and she's right, he really IS a great daddy!

Kimberly said...

:} He's gonna chuckle at this when he sits down to catch up on Scrapbook.