Nov 26, 2014

Brine at the Browns

Feeling like a rock star as I take on my first Thanksgiving turkey ever.  Trying out a Brine and Jive Seasoned Slow-Roasted Turkey recipe.  Today, I tackled the brine part.  


Poured it over turkey when it was prepped just right ...


Anna was entirely grossed out by the big raw turkey and the innards that came out.  Who am I kidding? I was grossed out, too. Now we wait til morning and get the seasoning and roasting going.


Thanks go to Cindy for the gargantuan stock pot assist and the brine consult when I had questions. :}  Thanks go to Noah for the funny coincidental Lego man purchase he made today - a chef with a camera that he giggles and says is me.


Here's hoping the end result tastes like a chef made it!

4 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

I am making your crockpot turkey breast.
We've done it twice now and it has always been a hit.
Plus we're doing a Kentucky brown sugar ham, squash casserole, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes for the boy, fresh green beans, rolls, fruit salad, pumpkin cheesecake, autumn harvest cake, chocolate pie for the man, and this is only for four people! I won't cook again all weekend!

Kimberly said...

That crock pot take on turkey was definitely an easy perfect fit. I don't know why Josh picked up a whole turkey this year, so I asked him just now. Apparently it was priced amazingly. :}

And I am with you - there are only four of us. Why do we have to have a whole turkey AND a ham?!? I just nixed the stuffing because we have too much already.

Emily said...

Brine..I still am just impressed with the cooking vocabulary... Seriously...

Too much turkey? Never heard of that problem! Dr Axe has some great recipes for leftover turkey though...(not that I"m totally sold on him...but he's got some pretty good points and info) : }

Kimberly said...

Don't be too impressed. For every word I finally learn in the kitchen, there are 4 more I will never understand. Ha!