Jul 4, 2013

4th of July Week

I was gonna wait til this weekend to post our 4th of July week activities, but it looks like we are being rained out for the rest of the week now. Burgess Falls State Park and LaGuardo Lakefront will have to wait for another time for a visit from the Browns.  Still, we've enjoyed a few fun days with Josh since he ended up taking the week off at the last minute.  

Enjoying a stroll in an afternoon shower


Adorable!


Checking out the steam rising off the street.


Getting creative. His goal is to make something we can submit to Lego Magazine. :)


Attempting to keep up with her big brother.


Redeeming a putt-putt groupon at a local activity center we didn't even know was there.


Last year we were melting in 111 degree temps this week.  This year, we are basking in the wondeful 70s and 80s.  It was so nice, we hit the park on the way home, too.



Josh and the kids camped out city-style on the back porch that night.


I taught Anna how to prune her new daisies.  She and Noah got a little carried away.


My broccoli is growing, growing, growing!


Catching fireflies again and ending up eaten alive by mosquitos. :S


Shhhh!  Despite a number of pre-holiday fireworks, all my loves slept all night out there. Chewie, too!


Then, yesteday we hit up a nearby neighbhorhood's private fireworks show 


and I got some fantastic shots.


That's Anna all wrapped up in the sheet with her hands over her ears.  She did not care for how she could feel the booms banging in her heart and has since declared she will never go to anther fireworks show again.  Josh, Noah, and I thought it was pretty cool though.  We were so close to where they were shooting off and then it would echo back off the lake just behind us.  Not a bad little show!


Even better, there was no traffic because it's not a highly publicized event so we were home within 5 minutes of it ending.  Fourth of July with no traffic?  We ended up having two things to celebrate.  Ha!

And since we are stuck home today for monsoon weather instead of going to see some waterfalls, we headed to the movies.  At 10:45 in the morning, Josh didn't think Despicable Me 2 would be busy, but WOW, it was PACKED!


We'll likely play in the rain later on today and tomorrow. You know us. :}

1 comment:

Emily said...

DO I see Noah with a haircut?! He looks so much older with short hair. I like it. Now I need ot make an appointment for Jack. Looks like a fun week of rain for you all. We were stuck in the cabin for two day of rain. and then I got really bad cold that made me delirious for a whole day. Yeah...my week....not as good as your week. The pruning the flowers....I'm just impressed you even know enough to teach ... I want a garden, but am sure I'd kill whatever I grew.