Oct 16, 2012

WPTM #41: Comfort

What Parenting Teaches Me #41:  Comfort

I posted this on Facebook last night as we wrapped up a third night in a row of one or the other of my kiddos being sick:
Welllll, the upside to Noah's fever returning this afternoon is that it affords me some more snuggle time with him. He begs me to hold him, sit by him, tickle his back when he feels this bad. Those still and cuddly moments are few and far between by now, so a momma will take what she can get! Don't you judge me. :}
A conversation started from there about boys and them wanting their mommas when they feel sick and/or tired.  Seeing a theme, I brainstormed what this could show me about myself and how I relate to the Lord.  Didn't have to think about it long.  Because I sure do walk closer with God during the challenging times.  I absolutely cry out to him when I am hurting most.  I certainly want His comforting presence even more when things are bad.  I look to Him for solace and relief when nothing else helps.

And my point is not that that is a bad thing.  Just that it happens. :) Just adding this observation to my collection of things I learn about myself and my Lord via my kiddos.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Love this. If it was a facebook post, I'd "like" it, but since it's on your blog (which I much prefer to facebook) I can just be honest and say "I love this." :)

Kimberly said...

:D

Emily said...

Yep! I like this too :)