Oct 18, 2012

Taa Daa: Pumpkin Pinata

I got a hankering for a project with the kids while we were homebound with germs and such this week. We decided on a pinata - a pumpkinish one.


The kids weren't keen on the sticky fingers part of the process, but they stepped up to the task anyway. 


The next day, I added another layer to get it good and sturdy.


Yesterday, the kids painted the pinata after we filled it with goodies. They loved this part the most.


This morning I touched up the top and bottom.


And then when they weren't looking I added a personal touch to make them grin.


And because I am all about truth in reporting, I took a pic of the back of this poor pumpkin pinata, too.  I don't know what we did wrong, but when we deflated the balloon yesterday, it pulled the dried strips with it when it shrunk. :(


Noah and Anna cannot wait to beat it to a pulp this afternoon after Josh gets home.  So I have until then to figure out how we'll string it up. :}  Wish me luck!

No comments: