Oct 4, 2012

From October's First Week

Yesterday I discovered the wall behind Anna's headboard was smattered with smeared and dried boogers from many, many naptimes apparently.  Sicko.  Anna had to endure a bit of ranting at that point as I scrubbed, picked, rubbed, and washed the disgustingness away.  But not before I snapped a picture for your viewing pleasure. :} 


Anna and I completed 3 days of her long-anticipated "home-day-school" lessons and it has involved a steep learning curve for me.  It's too soon to try to comment on the thoughts that have come to mind since Tuesday.  We'll give it some time before I try to articulate a response ... or any of my homeschooling jitters. :O

We completed speech referral paperwork for Noah at last.  And it felt so weird to have to mark the forms as you see below.  My gut wanted to not have to discriminate my parentage over him as such ... Such a weird unanticipated flinch in my heart. I kid you not, I forget he was adopted until moments like this. :}


Noah tried the kid's choir at church again and asked to not go back.  Too chaotic. :(

Fall Break begins today!  And next week we head east for a few days to Fall Creek Falls State Park where we have a cabin awaiting us that sits right over the water so we can fish and throw rocks right from our porch!  How cool is that?  Some good friends of ours (Amber, Darren and their boys) are coming with and that makes the trip even sweeter and more fun to look forward to.

Anna and I went to the annual Butterfly Launch at Noah's school today.  Both my babies got to handle and release butterflies that the students raised from eggs at the school.  Such a sweet morning.


I read a blog/article this week about how important it is for mommas to get over not liking how they look in pictures and to get out from behind the camera and actually appear in their kids photo memories for once.  So there ya go.  Me in a picture with my Anna girl from this morning (and wishing I had not pulled my hair back in a ponytail, but nevermind that).

 
Anna goes for her 4-year-old well check tomorrow and Noah goes for his flu shot.  Praying Noah makes it out of there without screaming.  He has a dramatic history with flu shots, which is so surprising since he is a rock star with his allergy shots.  Go figure.

Crossing our fingers that our 6 Painted Lady butterflies emerge from their chrysalids this weekend so we don't miss the big reveal while we are at the cabin next week. :}


I actually watched the first of the 2012 presidential debates last night and, in short, I can't shake the feeling that our president is just a plain, old liar. : /  I hate politics.

6 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

Hair in a ponytail or not, you're still beautiful!
Can't wait to hear how your adventures in homeschooling go.

Kimberly said...

Well, I WILL say this ... I hesitate to even refer to Anna's activities as homeschooling. I learned right away that she is still too little. She may be 4, but her attention span is about 2. :} I panicked a little to think that I should just hang it up til next year with her. We've so anticipated doing it THIS year. To be continued...

Cindy said...

I am laughing so hard about the boogers. At least she sticks them on her wall, and doesn't EAT THEM like my disgusting child :-)

Can you take the cocoons/butterflies with you to the cabin?

Emily said...

One thing I've learned after looking in the mirror and hating the way I look, ... is that my children do NOT see what I see of myself.
I get out of bed after 2.5 hours sleep after a worknight, mascara caked under my puffy eyes hair all messy cuz I was too tired to pull it out of the ponytail it was in and in nasty old pj pants, half open eyes....and Natalie and Brooklyn will meet me as I open my door and say they love me. WHat!? I'm cranky, hideous, frankly ugly in the morning, and all they care to say is that they love me...and did I check on them before I fumbled to the bed after work.

I love that you took a picture of that...because what I see a Momma bear that fiercely loves that baby girl, and PROUD little girl who is confident in her mommy's affections. I love you Man, and you ARE a pretty girl.

on another not so deep note. Seriously....you took a picture of dried boogers on the wall, thinking it would be for our pleasure. Ewe. Just ewe. Teach her to flick down on the carpet....LOL!!!

Next, get the flu mist...we did that this year for Nat and Brooklyn....so far so good.

Cant' wait to hear about your home day schooling.....LOL!

Kimberly said...

Cindy - I COULD take them to the cabin but I don't trust a net of cocoons to be stable enough for the trip. :} I'd much rather leave them with you. True story - Anna says you can just blog it for us if we miss it. To which I asked her, how do you know Mrs. Cindy has a blog? And she said, Well, she has a computer in her upstairs room!

And Emily - Noah can't do the flu mist since he has a history of breathing treatments. They won't let him. :(

As for the boogers, Anna is now a proud owner of her own box of kleenex right next to her bed. :)

Cindy said...

I'll babysit the cocoons for you, and if I'm around when they hatch I'll take a video for you.