Apr 19, 2019

Anna's First Fiddle Recital

We didn't even realize until 4 days before it arrived that Anna even HAD a recital this week.  It conflicted with the Seder meal at church last night and, to be honest, Anna and I both wished we could skip the recital and go to the Passover Seder as we had originally planned.  I was so annoyed at how poorly communicated this recital was and Anna, bless it, almost never practices at home, so I had really low expectations that it would be worth missing the Seder over.  But Josh insisted that we'd be at the recital no matter how much Anna and I moaned and groaned about it. So fiddle recital it was.

And as it turns out, it was a lovely performance (not counting the wiggly whiny 3 year old at my side) and I was beaming so proudly at my Anna girl who beamed so proudly from the stage herself.  Don't even get me started on the cuteness bound up in her serious expression for every bow she took following each song.  We missed the Seder sorely, but we were not mad at the recital in the end.  HA!

The performance was a joint Fiddle/Ukulele Recital from those classes at CHET. 
 

Isn't she lovely? Picked out her outfit and had me do some braid idea she had for her hair to keep it out of the way.  I just barely pulled it off, but man that child was delighted with how it turned out.
 
 
 
 

Anna's favorite pieces to play were Come Thou Fount and Boil the Cabbage.  She claims she plays Come Thou Fount on the violin and Boil the Cabbage on the fiddle, which I totally get. ;)  After the recital, I am so glad that Anna has already decided to do a second year of fiddling next year.  It's a group class, but I can see her moving to private lessons after that.

No comments: