Apr 22, 2019

2019's Easter

For Lent this year, we participated in a family devotional similar to the Jesse Tree tradition at Christmas, which we love so much.  Every night's devotion had an ornament to symbolize that part of Jesus' life/ministry from birth to crucifixion and resurrection.  It was such an excellent Easter tradition to start!  So glad ladies from our church came together to do the ornament swap, making prep SO much easier.  So thankful for the really thoughtful conversations and applications my kiddos could pick up from the daily readings.

Night before Easter -  basket preparation with our usual egg trail that leads down the stairs up to the fun stash. We still have the kids all share one basket, but I did get a larger basket this year.  Ha! The one we've used all the years before is the one Josh got for me our first Easter together, so it's seen some life - going from a family of 2 to 5 now!  We'll keep that bad boy for Lasa's egg hunts in the year to come instead.  It's pictured below the hunt at Rebecca's house. ❤️

Easter morning delight!  (Anna's favorite surprise was a pack of erasable pens and Wonderloom; Lasa's was a little stuffed horse; Noah's was the Spiderverse movie and a pitcher for making his lemonade; also, they are all kinda gaga for the giant slinky - Easter surprises are my fave to shop for!)

How cool is this view of Nashville Easter morning ... there was a dense fog alert.  Dense fog? I'd say so!  Amazing view. 

Good Friday this year I posted opening lines from Before the Throne of God Above as it was the hymn stuck in my head this holiday.  Easter morning, I posted the closing lyrics.  I just love them!  Speaking of Good Friday - Our church's Good Friday service was just amazing.  My favorite yet.  Wish I had it on my iPod to listen to and sing with over and over again!  Though we did not sing this song there, ha!

Dressed and ready for church Easter morning. Pretty babies!

After church, we enjoyed an awesome lunch with our good friends from church, the Brogdons, and let the littlest of our crews have their own personal egg hunt outside.  Big sister did the hiding of the eggs.
 
 
 
 

Quick Easter selfie back at home before putting Lasa down for a nap and taking in a long slow sunny sweet afternoon at home.  

No comments: