Jan 21, 2019

MLK Weekender

 On a slow and contented long MLK weekend at home (when we usually would have taken a short state park trip), we read and played and watched movies and slept in and caught up on to-do lists and thoroughly enjoyed some championship football.

We loved another morning with our Redeemer peeps and loved watching the snow lightly fall all day and some at night.  Not enough to play in, but enough in the air to make it feel magical.

The big kids and I stayed up late to watch the lunar eclipse/blood moon, chuckling to ourselves at how we bumblingly botched those plans last year and at how mad Anna was about it. 

This time we got it right.  It was SO cool.  And so crystal clear up there in the sky.  The stars were on point, too, though I got none in this pic. 

We also went and scoped out another property Josh wanted to see.  And by we, I mean I stayed in the car with Noah and Anna rather than hike a big hill with a toddler in 29 degree weather.  Josh has the patience of an saint.  He carried her most of the way.  They saw all they set out to see, though, and chatted with another prospective buyer and a neighbor as well. Like a walk in the park apparently? Ha! Josh is already feeling the soreness set in from their trek.
 

Just because I liked this accidental pic I took of my purse in the car while taking that pic of Josh and Lasa starting up the hill.  😆  It has light, shadow, texture, movement.  It has it all!

And finally, Josh and Noah hit up a Smash Bros. Tournament at Prince Street Pizza.  Noah has it in mind to compete in a Smash Bros. Tournament himself here soon, so they went to get the lay of the land and see how it all works.

 

They ran into friends while there, which was a plus!

2 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

I love that y'all are still property hunting! I can definitely see your family on some acreage for all the many projects they have going on.

Kimberly said...

Pray that Lord will facilitate this endeavor if we are indeed supposed to do it at all. In my Be Still year, I struggle with even wanting to participate in looking at all ... even at a leisurely pace! I do NOT want to start another consuming project. 😬 So this whole idea/dream will need to happen in a supernaturally smooth and perfect transition from HIM if we are gonna do it.

Josh has an open house one he wants us to see this weekend.