Jan 26, 2019

Clay Lady Field Trip

Noah, Anna, and I thoroughly enjoyed a field trip Thursday to The Clay Lady Campus with the Nashville Homeschool Calendar group again.  The kiddos worked their own clay into plates, designed a 3D snowman of sorts for the plates to feature, and painted their work for finishing touches.  Afterward, the Clay Lady took them for a tour of the grounds - visiting artists in their studios, seeing the galleries with the artists' collections, and walking through the warehouse and seeing all the equipment, mixers, kilns, supplies, etc.

 
 
 
 
 

 
 

This woman has been teaching clay for 37 years.  She was so smooth and comfortable and effective in her teaching.  She was darling, too, encouraging them in their own artistry no matter what level.  "I take what I think, I take what I feel, I mix it all up and make something real."
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

If I get my way, Anna and I will go back for a Mom and Me class using the potter wheel in May.  Both kiddos wanna make their own coffee mugs, too, so I see a summer class on that being offered as well.

2 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

Y'all go on the very best field trips!

Kimberly said...

Just thankful from year to year I always find some group to go along with!