Dec 22, 2018

Cornrow Cutie

The last time we had Lasa's hair done in cornrows was her first time ever and that was October of last year.  I have been meaning to try them again this year and we just barely squeezed it in here in December.  The timing is perfect - right before a road trip.  Hopefully they will hold up long enough that I don't have to do her hair the entire time we are away - this will all depend on how easy she goes on her head while traveling and playing.  😬 Fingers crossed!  The stylist told us we should expect 2 weeks, mayyyybe 3.  That would be awesome.  Last year, when she was only two and we did a beach trip on her braids, we only got a week out of it before I couldn't stand how fuzzy it had gotten.  Excited to have a year older baby and a fresh set of braids to see how we fare.

Random hair note - this salon, Blown Away, is full of angels if you ask me.  They saved us while I was in TEARS from how another salon botched our appt earlier in the day and left us scrambling right here before Christmas.  I was furious at the mismanagement and the excuses the kids salon, Giggles and Glam, gave us.  So when the contact at Blown Away was able to squeeze us in on the spur of the moment, well ... it was a gift from the Lord and I told her so!  Doretha has our faithful business after today and we will henceforth sing her praises every chance we get!  

Before starting, she blow-dried Lasa's hair (a first!) and then trimmed it (eek - also a first!). 

Can you even stand the coifed cuteness???
 
 
 

Noah went with me to this appt and when he looked up to see the finished work, he said, "Wow! It doesn't even look like my Lasa anymore!  But you look SO pretty!"  Doretha thought he was just the most precious big brother.    

Other fun fact, I did the beads myself when we got home - first time for me! 

No comments: