Dec 6, 2018

Things I'm Loving from Lasa

Precious moments and comments I'm loving from Lasa of late ...
  • hearing her voice from behind the bathroom door, where she sits upon the potty, singing to herself, "Happy and yuh know it, and yuh face unna show it ..."
  • the simplest things that bring such pleased smiles to her face - riding with the car windows open, balloons, a good chase, Christmas lights,  daily advent calendar surprises, chocolate milk
  • The newest big words she's used in perfect context but in precious mispronunciations - embarrassing, awkward, antagonizing, frightening, annoying, consequence, disobedience, correct
  • "Hahaha!  So bawassing (embarrassing)!"
  • "I am an ottist (artist)."
  • "byeboe duddy (bible study)"
  •  "Daddy Yoami (Naomi) Bwown"
  • "Mommy Chickamoffa (Higginbotham) Bwown"
  • "gwatch (scratch)"
  • "sow-wee (sour-y)"
  • "yogrit (yogurt)"
  • "When I gwow up I wanna be a mommy ... so I can send dems all to you's rooms!"
  • How she argued with Josh one night during bath time when he sternly stopped her back talk by saying that HE was the boss. She objected through verrrrry upset tears, "But JESUS is da bossssssss!" because she learned that in Sunday School. 
  • "Daddy's cah (car) is beshal (special)." when we talked about how messy it always is.
  • "dozz (stars or dolls, depending on the situation - ha!)"
  • "ahso (also), achley (actually)"
  • "Escuse me, did someone say ...." when she hears a word she didn't expect.
  • When she was backtalking with me one day, I stopped her and said, "Lasa, ah you wistening to my boice?" She answered back, "Are you listening to MY voice???"  I said, "You're voice doesn't count like mommy's does!" to which SHE STARTED COUNTING, "One, two, fwee. NOW you wisten to my boice?"
  • "nobember (remember)" 
  • how she's taken to calling me muddoe (mother) 
  • that her bess fwin (best friend) at gool (school) is a little girl named Willow.  

2 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

Somebody is full of the sass! And, I love it. :)
She's going to keep you on your toes, Muddoe.

Kimberly said...

Some days I worry it's more ODD than sass. 😳 Pray for us! 😆😬