Sep 26, 2016

Finally Fall

It was like Christmas this morning getting up and knowing the air was finally, finally, finally fall-like.  We took an hour break in our school day today just to go be out in it, we have longed for it so.  These 90 degree temps for all of September have been brutal.  My heart was clawing its way through the weekend as we were told the cold front was commmmmmmmmming.  And sure enough, it did.  Our totally awesome local, but also national, weather station posted a stunning pic of the cool front moving in this morning. 


Are you feeling me?  Goodbye, hot!  Hello, cool!  I have been dyyyyyyyying for you.  We all have!

As it has only JUST gotten slightly cool, all our leaves are still green, green, green.  BUT, I did find a few fall gems on the ground.  Annnnd, you know me and the leaves.  Every year, without fail.  


And also, along these fall-like lines, this wonderful quote I saw on FB on a page of a guy I follow over at Becoming Minimalist.  


I mean, Kimmie loves are colliding in this one - fall leaves and purging.  Winning!! 

It was a hard weekend over here for a number of different reasons, so this fine fall morning greeting me with cool air was a total mood-lifter.  I don't know if you can tell. ;)