Aug 17, 2016

Still Sinking In

Was it really a WHOLE week ago that Wednesday and final custody happened?  Would you believe it is stilllll sinking in for me, consuming my mind every. single. day?  It's a surreal thing.  Someone else's child becoming your own ... I can't even bring myself to speak about it on FB and make a blanket announcement.  It's just too deep, too serious, too big to find words to encompass what I want to put out there.  I am really overwhelmed by this milestone.  Glad for it, don't get me wrong.  Just ... still doing the bug-eyed thing as I come to grips with what has come to pass. 

And don't even get me started about wondering about Angelique, whom we still haven't heard from since she cancelled on Lasa's birthday.  Something new is gonna have to be done there, but what that is and how to go about it remains to be determined.  Much to take place in the coming months...

Shifting gears now ... how about some baby pics from the last few weeks?  And by some, I mean a ton.





This neighborhood park has served us well.  Since Noah was 2 and since Anna was born.  Now starting over again with a third baby.  Which, hold up, I have THREE BABIES?!  Like I said, still sinking in.


 



I cannot tell you why she refused to walk this day.   Just kept crawling on the hard, hot ground.

 



Feeling so powerful once one of those precious glowy screens was put within her reach. 


The little apps Josh finds for her are the cutest!  


Giving the wagon a test run on the greenway.  It was met with her approval.



At her 12 mos. well-baby check-up. 


After her first every salon appt!  No cut needed after all.  Got some tips, encouragement in what we are already doing, and some bonus little poufs before we left though. Lasa was nervous about a stranger touching her. A lollipop helped quell that tide of tears.  Mostly.


When I showed her how to carry things in her dress.


Sister time.  I love. 




All for now!

3 comments:

Emily said...

It's still sort of a big deal! Goodness! Adding a person, for sure, without any real chance that she'll be taken away, is a big deal. I can see why it's still sinking in...it's official...

It still shocks me when I look at my crew and think "FOUR KIDS" haha!

Amy Faye Brown said...

Memaw says she's a sport and keeps everyone entertained.

Kimberly said...

She does that, yes. Keeps me on a short leash, too. Remembering anew how relentless that baby/toddler days are. :}