Aug 25, 2016

Field Trip/Pity Party

We made our first Nashville run of the school year for a field trip to Cheekwood Botanical Gardens yesterday for their Homeschool Day event.  

You hear Homeschool Day and you think it will be a quaint affair.  

Not so, my friends.  Not so.  Apparently homeschooling is all the rage because Cheekwood was SLAMMED.  It was flipping crowded - there were lines just to get into the park and then lines for the bathroom and then lines for checking in and lines for the food trucks and lines for the tours.  And of course each homeschool family in line had approximately 16 children in their tribe, thus making the lines feel never-ending.  

And it was dang hot.

Y'all.  Kimmie was not in her happy place.  Getting to Nashville at all, driving downtown, takes me out of my comfort zone and requires concentrated effort on my part to breathe and keep my blood pressure down.  But then we get there and there were crowds LIKE WE ARE AT A THEME PARK or something.  And the heat and the sun and the sweat.  And I was pushing a stroller.  Offroading. On a mulched hike.  Uphill both ways, I swear.  

Well.  Let's just say, I survived.  The kids survived.  Lasa was actually a dream baby the whole time, not counting her poopy diaper and the fact that I forgot to put shoes on the poor girl. If it wasn't for the fact that we had friends, Gloria and her crew, to distract us from all of said heat and people, this whole trip would have been a flop.  We went, we wandered, we saw, we got the heck out of there with our sweaty selves and promised we'd stick to cooler climes from now on.  We are such wimps.  I kid you not, I whined to Josh that we need to move further north.  Stat.  Anna is totally on board, too.

Still, this wimp put on her big girl pants long enough to snap at least a few pics in representation of our day.









It's a comfort to know that our other upcoming fieldtrips to a zoo class, the symphony, the children's theater, and the TN Museum of History ... all have AC. :} 

And this concludes my sweaty Kimmie pity-party.

4 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

You just need higher elevations. :)
I had to actually run the heat in my car Monday morning. It's freaking August!
We are loving mountain living.

Emily said...

Don't you dare move more north !!!!!

Kimberly said...

AMY! Are you kidding me? The HEAT already? You might be onto something with the higher elevation thing. Wow.

Emily, ok. Maybe just east. To the Application Mountains as Anna tried to decode them recently. HA!!

Emily said...

Dude, i will never visit you...I already moved north to be closer~! gah!!!

And that's pretty close to the right word! haha!