Aug 25, 2016

Football of the Flag Variety

I bought football cleats today instead of baseball cleats.  It hurt me.  But that boy of mine insists on trying the sport with his buddy Colman this season.  I tried to sway him back to baseball, I really did, but he would not be swayed.  Sooooo, flag football, it is!  In addition to football cleats, we have picked up a junior-size football (not to be confused with pee-wee football or youth football - sheesh), and several mouth guards to protect those teeth and their metal-work!


Today was his first practice.  He is on the 4th/5th grade team.  They are the Buccaneers.  


It was dang hot. Good thing every single one of his games is at 8:30 in the morning. :} Not counting the first thing in the morning on a Saturday part. : /


Noah, ever my least loquacious child, had only this to say afterword when I badgered him for a response to his first foray into flag football.  "It was fun.  I liked throwing the ball.  I'm glad I didn't hurt my finger." (He jammed his finger practicing with Colman a couple weeks ago. First of many football injuries, I fear. I miss baseball.)

Oh well.  Go, Buccaneers!

2 comments:

Emily said...

It's good exposure!!

Kimberly said...

Exposure to the ER after a concussion, maybe!