Jul 16, 2016

American Girl Camp

Our own sweet and summery American girl adored, and I mean ADORED, her American Girl camp experience this week. 


Every day she would dress her doll in a new outfit to accompany her to Rock Castle where the camp was being held.  Lasa was enthralled with this strange creature she has never seen before as it is kept safe in Anna's room usually.  We now have plans to find the babe an AG Bitty Baby Doll of her own. 


Fun fact - Anna pointed out how she added a mole right smack in the middle of Lila's neck ... to match Noah's ... because she loves him so much, she said.  💙


Over the course of four days, the girls learned about the period of history that American Girl dolls are based on (18th/19th century) and they got to fully participate in those things from decorating straw hats, to weaving and embroidery, to nature walks and building fairy houses, to making journals and keeping them updated, to designing clothes out of leather, to practicing silhouette pictures, and making yarn dolls!


Finally, on the last day, they made memory jars to commemorate their week together.  Adorable!


I am gonna see if I can't get Anna interested in some of the American Girl books now that her interest has been piqued.  I bet she doesn't even remember turning her nose up at the series when I offered some up last fall.  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

I love American Girl.
I miss those days.
Can I go to camp next year?

Kimberly said...

Ohhhhh! I wanna see a Beka + American Girl pic!! Got any leftover AG clothes by any chance. ;) Those things aren't cheap!!

Amy Faye Brown said...

We never did dolls. She got into the books, crafts, magazine, and movies.
When Anna gets near puberty AG has an excellent book for girls. It helped us tremendously.

Kimberly said...

I see! Good to know. Thanks!