Feb 29, 2016

Return to Madison

In case I haven't heralded the news enough, let me start by saying again: My sister and her family moved to the Huntsville, Alabama last month and we are all eek'd out with excitement at the prospect of living only two hours apart!  This past weekend was our first opportunity to finally get down there and welcome them to our old stomping grounds in the Madison area.  It was beyond weird to be there again as we haven't been back in about 4 years and haven't lived there in 7 1/2 years!  The memories really flooded back as we drove around ... the shock of how different we are, and our lives are, kept rushing over me in waves.  So very bizarre!  But so very good to be back for the reason of Emily and fam so close within reach!  We only went for a quick overnight trip, but so much fun was packed in.  Thankful for this happy move for their family and ours!










I am kicking myself now for forgetting to employ my new selfie stick for a shot of us big kids as well.  Next time!  ... Which is in two and a half weeks when they come to Nashville for a weekend!  Let the frequent visits begin! :D

3 comments:

Emily said...

YES! Frequent visits have begun! Let the memories really begin ;)

Amy Faye Brown said...

I know y'all will enjoy being closer to each other. We hope to be closer to my parents in the next two years or so. Just working out all the details and praying it all works.

Kimberly said...

That sounds exciting, Amy!!