Oct 22, 2014

Awesome

Noah had to turn a pumpkin into the main character or setting of a book he loves for a project at co-op.  He loves ALL the books he's read so far in the Captain Awesome series, so his was an easy pick.  He even turned down a Lego pumpkin idea to match the Lego book I got him at Anna's school's Book Fair.  How awesome and easy would a Lego head pumpkin be?  Totally awesome. 

But even totally awesome is just not as awesome as Captain Awesome.  See?


Tickled at how well Noah pulled it off.  And I only helped a little!  He has a week now to prep for the oral report part.  Piece of cake!  Good job, Noah!

And speaking of good job, Noah also did a pretty good job representing his first 9 weeks of Grade 2.5.  He got all A's and B's and one annoying C - Social Studies is such a pain... for the second year in a row - ugh!  We are tweaking a few things about how we cover the material and I am confident Noah will be able to pull that grade up by Christmas.  There is no way we are letting the Middle Ages take us down!

2 comments:

Emily said...

We struggle with Social Studies too... uhhh....totally hated it when I was in school, and having to revisit with my own kids is just as bad. blah.

Kimberly said...

I struggle with how hard the curriculum is he is doing ... World History, year 2, in second grade. It's a LOT of info. And let's be honest ... we didn't do World History til high school! I am thinking next year I will shift to government, economy, and such like I did with my third graders in unit studies just to give him a break from the rigorous pace we are working at now. :S