Oct 20, 2014

Anna's Big Weekend

Look who got her first ever report card on Friday.  Adorable!  (Also, waaaaay more information than report cards were when Noah was in kindergarten.)




It was interesting to find a point of reference for Anna's reading level.  Apparently, kindergarteners are expected to start the year at a pre-reading or level A and  finish the year at level D.  Our little over-achiever has started the year at an E.  Ha! Proud of her and so thankful for how easy things come for her academically.  Kudos also go to her daddy who's been doing reading mini-lessons with her for some time now. It really shows!

In other news, Anna kept me on the run this weekend with two Frozen birthday parties and a school event all in one day.  Yes, I said TWO Frozen birthday parties, so it shouldn't surprise you to know that we ran into these {literal} characters along the way.



There was sliding


and singing


and storybook reading


and crafting


and more crafting


and even hair braiding and glittering.  Seriously - Hairdressing with the Stars. Birthday parties have come a long way since I was a girl!


You see my Anna front and center and ALL about it. She sang every word to the three songs they performed with the microphone to her face in such earnest participation.  So dreamy.


Another highlight of the day was the sunshine and cool air and a couple hours at Anna's school's Fall Festival in between birthday stops.

 

Anna's schedule so filled the day, I had to miss Noah's baseball game ... which was too bad because they won for the first time this season. Go Tigers! :D

4 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! I'd that WAS quite a party! What fun! Love the decorating a hat part! I may do that just for fun with the kids' friends one friday night :)

Emily said...

i love having their friends over for a craft night :) Such fun, this age/stage. Such fun.

Kimberly said...

It WAS quite a party. But you know me. I was looking around at all the prep and work and thinking, 'I much prefer our birthday tradition of family only and some special FIRST experience.' :} Hope I'm not scarring my children by the lack of public birthday hoopla over the years.

Emily said...

You're not...once the day is passed, they don't really care. My girls can't even remember what we did on their "big" parties...I don't plan to do big again either.