Dec 16, 2012

Nativities Around Here

This is the nativity we grown-ups have around here.  It is displayed all year long and we love it.  Josh and I saved up for the whole set one Christmas when I finally made up my mind what kind of Nativity I wanted.  We used coupons, gift certificates, and timed our purchase for a sale and got this Willow Tree version for about $100, which felt so good because we saved $200 with our planning. I can't believe how long ago that was!


Don't cringe, but I am about ready by now to strip it down to just 3 pieces and sell all the rest.  Josh's hesitance is the only reason I haven't done it yet.  We shall see. 

In the spirit of the season, I dug up a pic of the first play nativity set we ever got the kids.  It was 2008.  Look at that precious baby! Noah was 2 1/2.  Anna was a fussing 3 mos. old and we were brand new in our TN town.


That set has since been sold (you know me), but Anna actually requested one this year, so I made it happen.  I wanted them to have something slightly more realistic than Little People, so I was relieved to find this set at Lifeway for only $20.


Anna plays with every day, so I am glad to have it around.  Today I took a nap and woke up to find the Bethlehem manger scene altered just a bit, though.


When I asked Anna about the display, she reasoned that the princesses and ponies are there to worship, too.  Can't argue with that logic, I guess! :)

4 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

What is it with little girls and their princesses? My 3 year old lamb is insisting on being a princess tonight in the play. Last night during dress rehearsal, she looked at Beka in her Christmas Tree Angel costume, and said, "See, Beka is a princess!" Last week she refused to baaaaaa saying, "I cannot," and insisting she would rather be a camel. Heaven only knows what will happen during tonight's performance. :)

Kimberly said...

Ha! Love it! Angels count as princesses, I think. :} Too sweet.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

WHAT?!? You can't sell your Willow Tree set... especially knowing you got such a good deal on it. Try putting it away for 2013 and bringing it out in December and see if you feel differently. I love my set like this and can't imagine parting with it - though our barn is "on loan" to my sister because I didn't think I had enough room to bring it with me. :-)

Kimberly said...

That's a really good idea. Put it away for a year and then see what I think when I pull it out again.