Dec 20, 2012

2012's Books

I made my way through a grand total of 35 books this year.  Here are the noteworthy ones.

Favorite booksThe Kingmaker's Daugher by Philippa Gregory

Honorable Mentions for Favorite: The King's Concubine by Anne O'Brien, The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh, Queen Defiant by Anne O'Brien

Most read authors: Tosca Lee, Marek Halter, Anne O'Brien, Barbara Kingsolver

Most shared booksDemon, A Memoir by Tosca Lee, Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend, The Veritas Conflict by Shaunti Feldhan, The Resolution for Women by Priscilla Shirer

Slowest Reads that I had to really power throughThe Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver, In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larsen, HCS Chronological Bible (:S - just being honest), The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht

Really Didn't LikeMy So-Called Life as a Proverbs 31 Wife by Sarah Horn, Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo, In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larsen, Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (hated this one, ick)

Quickest Reads 7 by Jen Hatmaker, Simply Homeschool by Karen DeBeus, Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo, Revolutionary Parenting by George Barna, Seven Steps to Nighttime Dryness by Renee Mercer, Help, Thanks, Wow by Anne Lamott

Most change-effecting readsOur Worst Homeschool Mistakes by Jim Erskine, So You're Thinking about Homeschooling by Lisa Whelchel, Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend, The Resolution for Women by Priscilla Shirer, James, Mercy Triumphs bible study by Beth Moore

Reread this year: Demon, A Memoir by Tosca Lee
 
Real page-turners: Forbidden by Ted Dekker and Tosca Lee, Three Little Words by Ashley Rhodes-Courter, Breaking the Silence by Dianne Chamberlain, The Veritas Conflict by Shaunti Feldhan

Book I did give up on:  The Lemon Tree by Sandy Tolan, First Light by Bodie and Brock Thoene, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Foer

Books in the queue for 2011The Playdate by Louise Millar, The Emotionally Destructive Relationship by Leslie Vernick, Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

2 comments:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Your book lists always inspire me... and give me good ideas for gifts. I'm curious. Do you set up your categories at the beginning of the year and fill them in as you read? Or do you create them in Dec.? And how on earth do you remember all the books you read?!?

Kimberly said...

I first set them up at the end of the one year and have just used those same categories every year since...with a tweak or two depending on the books I read that year. I don't put them in those categories til the end of the year when I make this post. :} And, c'mon now, you know me and my lists. I remember the books I've read by keeping a running list of every book I read as I finish them throughout the year. Organized by month, naturally. Ha!