Sep 25, 2012

Marking Anna's Years

Four years ago this morning ...
I laid eyes on my precious girl for the very first time. Since I didn't actually get to see her right away, her first wet, mechanical cry is etched in my memory forever.  It was such a strange and surreal sound.  She wasn't there, and then she WAS!


She slept and cried and slept some more for a few months.


At 3 months, she started to wake up to the world.


At 1 year, she was blooming.


At 2 years, she came alive.


At 3 years, she had arrived.


And at 4 years, she's her own person for sure.


Happy (real) birthday to my love
who says she finally feels four today!

7 comments:

Cindy said...

I love seeing all the pictures of baby Anna. Happy "official" birthday!

Amy Faye Brown said...

Precious with a capital P!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

So fun! Happy Birthday Anna!

Memaw said...

We love our precious little Anna. Papa and I were right there in Tennessee with brother, Noah, awaiting the arrival of our girl.
Happy Birthday to Anna from Memaw and
Papa John. We love you so much!

Kimberly said...

Thanks - I passed along the birthday wishes!!! Carol, a handmade thank you note went in the mail today. :) She spent her birthday money from you on craft supplies (jingle bells, foam stickers, stamps) and a My Little Pony. :)

Emily said...

LOOOOOOOVE!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Anna! I've loved watching her grow through pictures and reading about her on your blog. She's a sweet treasure for sure!