Sep 22, 2012

Fourth Birthday Festivities

Our Anna girl rang in her fourth birthday today even though it's not official til Tuesday.  Celebrating on a Saturday left us plenty of room for a family photo session, 4 year-old pics, and all of the following. :)



Fresh from her nap, Anna approved of all the streamers and presents.  


We wasted no time digging in to the pretty little cake of hers.


Then it was time to dig in to all her goodies.  She's been pining after a bathrobe for months.  It was all I could do to hold out til her birthday.  She was tickled pink to open this one first and discover her new treasure. :)



Ever a Brown, she was thrilled with her new flashlight/glowstick.  She didn't even notice the Belle gown in the box once she spotted the tool.  Truth - she also got a fishing pole from her daddy. :S


Somehow, the bandaids got the best grinning picture out of her.


Believe it or not, Anna's begged for a Mulan gown more than any princess gown.  


These Dizzy Dancers were her favorite gift.


Trying out her new art caddy that she is so proud of because her daddy made it himself.  I can't stop grinning at how she calls it her art "category" by mistake, instead of caddy.

 
We love trying new things together on birthdays, so today's birthday first was pottery painting.


Anna hard at work on a cross for Memaw from whom she'd just received some birthday money in the mail on our way out the door. :)


Finally, since we'd basically eaten cake for lunch, we had an early dinner at another new place for us all, Noodles and Company.  Accordingly, the birthday girl was a silly noodle all over the table while we waited for our food.


On the way home I asked Anna what her favorite part of her day was and she couldn't pick one thing.  She said it was all her favorite parts. :)  Good answer!!  Happy Early Birthday, Anna my love.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday, Anna!!!

Amy Faye Brown said...

My heart smiled at all the pink and girliness. What a sweet day.
Happy 4th birthday, Anna!
(we have nicknamed her Betty Spaghetti)

Kimberly said...

Ooooh, I like that nickname! I'm gonna borrow that, but I promise to cite my sources when I do. :)

Emily said...

I think that's the most I've seen her grin in all the pictures you've ever taken. I think her love language is gifts :)