Apr 30, 2018

Writing Samples

Anna knocked this Letter to Congress assignment out of the ballpark if you ask me.  Her job was to convince them to reinstate TN's statehood (after an imaginary nationwide bookkeeping error has occured) ;). 

 
 

And then Noah took on a little book project all on his own and it's blessing my heart to see him go at it.  Reading and writing are something he never does unless he has to because I have assigned it.  ;) I think he was inspired after a couple Minecraft graphic novels he has particularly enjoyed.  Glad for that!  He hired Anna as his illustrator and they continue to add new chapters to it ...
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

That 9 year old American patriot slayed that assignment. Shoot, not only would I let Tennessee back in, I’d make it the US capitol rather than DC.

Kimberly said...

I am grinning/giggling so hard at your comment that it made my eyes water. She will glow under that response. Thank you!

That IEW Writing curriculum we used this year has helped a girl with plenty of voice wield it with such clarity! 😍 Her underlinings throughout were part of the assignment ... identifying her adverbial clause, her strong verb, her quality adjective, her preposition opener, her because clause, etc. Proud momma!