Apr 8, 2018

Field Tripping x 2

Thursday, the kids and I attended a Math and Science Expo with Becky and her kiddos at Vol State Community College.  Afternoon well spent!

This exhibit was my fave!  A substance that is liquid and solid AT THE SAME TIME. 🤷🏻‍♀️
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Then Friday, with Amy and her crew, we took in a unique Frist Art Museum exhibit ... at Schermerhorn Symphony Center.  Nick Cave FEAT. Nashville was a performance art piece.  Themes were oppression, diversity, equality, acceptance, worth, celebration.  It was thought-provoking, beautiful, moving, and so very interesting!  At first I worried it was going over the kids' heads, but as the show went on it was not.  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 

I was so so glad for their exposure to these things and this art form.  They enjoyed it (Anna more than Noah) and we had some rich and real conversation on the way home ... initiated by the kids' questions/comments about it all.  Gosh, I love big kids.  Gosh, I am so thankful for this school days life with them.

No comments: