Nov 24, 2017

Recipe: Smothered Green Beans

Oh, y'all.  This recipe is so flippin' delicious.  Someone brought this to the Redeemer Thanksgiving Dinner and severallllll of us hunted down the cook and her recipe.  I couldn't wait to make it yesterday to take to the Pyrzes for actual Thanksgiving eats along with my trusty deviled eggs. ;)  And, I can't believe this girl who can't cook actually liked it even better when I made it.  Yum-O! Definitely give this a try. 

Smothered Green Beans 
from Plain Chicken

- 5 cans green beans, drained
- 1 lb bacon
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Pour drained green beans in a n ungreased 9x13 pan.
3. In a large skillet, cook bacon until almost done but not too crispy.  Remove from skillet, drain on paper towel and chop.  Sprinkle cooked bacon on top of green beans.
4. Whisk together brown sugar, melted butter, soy sauce, and garlic powder.  Pour over green beans.
5. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.

I drained the pan once cook time was over, but the first time we had it I noticed they did not.  Up to you!  Delicious spin on green beans!

No comments: