Nov 5, 2015

Yellow, Blue, Pink

It has been a really emotionally taxing and stressful week in the world of Browns + Foster Care + Court System.  I am too tired to even try to recount or explain.  It's all so involved and tedious.  I am also too afraid it will all repeat itself again around Angelique's next court date in December, so I will possibly fill in those details then.  I have only a pic of the Davidson County Juvenile Court waiting area to offer in representation of our encounter with them this week.  


So! All that to say - rough week, we're drained, but holding steady.  How?  Appreciating the little things.  

Little things like gorgeous fall trees in YELLOW.


With a splash of green still hanging in there, only because we have crazy temps in the 70s this week.


A fellow mom friend noticed me posting pick-me-up pics of this sort, so she blessed my heart immensely when she stopped her car to take an amazing shot for me.  To brighten my week, she said.


I mean, whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?  Kimmie leaf heaven.  My heart was touched.  I might have cried a little at the kind and thoughtful gesture.  I am that emotional this week.  

Then, I went a step further in the "appreciating the little things" department and dressed the baby love in her first pair of BLUE jeans.  It is freaking, stinking adorable.  

 

I took pics like crazy and texted them to Josh who was already waiting for a dose of adorbs.  


The PINK bib makes me happy with the blue jeans.  And that baby they are on.  Oh good Lord, that sweet baby.



Feet up, as always! 


All for now.  We have packing to attend to ... for Lasa who is going to a respite placement with another JJ family ... and for us heading to Florida in about 36 hours!

No comments: