Feb 9, 2014

Bits and Pieces Lately

I seem to have lost my blogging oomph for a couple weeks there!  Oy.

Well, lately we have been...

- reading Harry Potter with the kids and keeping pace with the book via the corresponding movie scenes.

- contemplating letting Noah have another year in 2nd grade to mature into.  We could call it year 2.5?  Josh is SOLD on the plan; it is taking me some time to convince myself, however, of what I really already know to be in his best interest.  : / 

- feeling socially withdrawn, yet feeling so encouraged when I consider the overflow of goodness the Lord has shown me over the past few years in terms of real, authentic friendships. I am humbled and thankful for these women specifically - Emily, Amy, Yesi, Carol, Cindy, Susie, Cathy, Kristin, Karla, Andrea, Jennifer, and Jill.  I count each of them when I count my blessings.  These are women that I feel so at home with.

- nursing my cut finger.  I sliced off a little chunk of the tip top of my thumb while I worked on wrapping Noah's Valentine box for co-op.  Josh saved the day with his first-aid kit and this handy-dandy protective wrap around it.  On the upside, it's served wonderfully as a thimble while I pin and tag clothes for a consignment sale in a couple weeks.  Haven't stabbed my thumb yet.  Ha!


- taking a full week off running.  I feel so runnerly saying I have a knee injury.  BUT, it is feeling better, so I am ready to get back to stepping!  Even more so because I finally got me some new kicks!  Most I have ever spent on shoes in my life.  :S  They are pretty much gonna be treated like royalty in this house.


- holding our breath for snow and mostly coming up with empty-handed dustings and/or ice.  But this weekend, one glorious morning, enough snow fell for some Saturday morning romping ... that I completely slept through and Josh took NO pictures of.  Once I woke up, I scrambled to at least take these shots as evidence of the snow fun that must have been had.



- signing up for the Teach Them Diligently homeschool conference here in Nashville next month at Gaylord Opryland Hotel.  We even splurged and booked a room there for two nights. :)

- visiting a nearby children's science museum for FREE on an Educator's Night event they put on.  I took awful pics of the kids at different exhibits, which I will spare you from,  except this one of Anna and Curious George, who is still well-loved in this household.  So it was just downright delightful that there was a Curious George exhibit going on at the time, too.


And also, this fun shot the museum posted on their FB page. :) 

4 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

Oh, man, I made the list! :D
So glad you are a huge part of my life.

Yes! To a repeat of second grade. Absolutely! Says the new teacher.

I have missed your blog posts.

Kimberly said...

Of course, you did! ♥

The encouragement to allow the boy more transition time is much appreciated. :) It really helps!

Emily said...

Wait! Repeat 2nd grade…as in like in Public school? Or homeschool again.

I've gotta say, you are one lucky lady to have so many names on that list of ladies you love and appreciate. (and for the record, we're all pretty lucky for you too!)

I lOVED how you wrote about your new running shoes! ahahah!! My Mizunos running shoes are like "royalty" too!! hahahahaha…so I can totally relate! And I took almost 2 weeks off of running … you can always get back on the wagon!

Kimberly said...

Mizunos, huh? I didn't see any thing by that name in my wild goose chase for the perfect shoe all around town. Tell me more!

As for Noah, not so much repeat second grade, as EXTEND second grade into next year as well. :} Still homeschooling.