Jul 6, 2012

I've Missed You, Scrapbook

I've missed you, Scrapbook Brown.  There's been so much to document and comment on but there's been no time to come up for air the past week and half!  So I'll sum up our highlights instead.  FIRST, we have just endured the highest temps of our lives and a long, long dry spell to boot.  Last weekend it got over 111 degrees around here!  And since then we've been messing around with 106 and 103 like it was cake. We've spent many hours inside our cave of a home with windows shut, air pumping away, and movie after lego session after movie after swim session to help pass the time/heat wave. :) 

This week, I've been a selling machine on GTP and have made over $250 in sales that are building up our next couple vacation funds slowly but surely.  Between that and Noah's swim lessons, that he is KILLING, btw) and Josh (unexpectedly, but happily) being off Wed/Thurs/Fri, it's been mostly swim, friends, swim, monopolize Daddy, and swim some more at the Brown household.  And you'll get no complaints outta us.  We've loved having Josh home for a lot of consecutive free time.  I've been amazed at the number of hours my children (Josh included) can play Legos.  It's, like, a LOT, people.  A lot.  They probably dream in Legos by now. I know I do.

Oh yeah, we had the 4th of July and I took not one picture of the fun and food and friends save but these two of the kids konked out in their car seats after a night of fireworks and staying up waaaaaay past bedtime.



Also mentionable is how the kids recently proved Josh wrong on his Claw vending machine philosophy that they only take your money and never deliver any goods.  In one night and 4 turns, my hooligans earned THREE stuffed animals. Josh and I were stunned.


We're sucking every last ounce of sun and fun out of this summer, so please forgive my lapse in posts, Scrapbook Brown.


There are just no computer hook-ups at the lake. 


Only swimming skills on display

 

and buddies galore.


Can't believe school starts in only 3 weeks!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I hear ya! We've been a busy family too this summer! The best summer by far for us! Yay for noah!!