Jul 27, 2012

10 Years

Today marks Josh's and my 10 year anniversary.  Wow!  

To mark the occasion, I wanted to post some pics from that good day.  Unfortunately, all the wedding pics were done via film, so I only have the actual printed pictures in my wedding album and no files to reproduce.  So today gave me good cause to figure out how to use my new photo scanner/converter thingie. :)  Here's the first one I scanned to digital. 


Noah noted right away that Daddy was not wearing his glasses and wanted to know if he could still see.  Anna had to ask if that "white lady" was me.  Noah said I was wearing an "angel dress."  Then we three sat down to look at all the pictures in the wedding album and Noah and Anna loved seeing their cousins looking much younger.  In every picture where Josh and I were kissing, Noah asked, "Why you getting married again and again?"

Inspired by all the wedding attire, people, and the overall event, Anna recreated our wedding with her felt dolls. And right now she's in the playroom drawing me in my wedding dress.


Anyway, so excited about the milestone that today marks for
Josh and me.  10!


You know, I thought back then that I was making a great decision with a great guy.  That was a special and cool time for us both.  But it's way cooler to look back on that day after 10 years of living with that great decision.  This married life has been greater than I thought it would be.  Happy Anniversay, Joshua Brown.  So glad I married you!!  Can't believe all we've done in 10 years.  Can't imagine what the next 10 will bring!

4 comments:

Emily said...

aweeeeee!!!!!!! You guys were KIDS! :) What fun looking down your memory lane...

Unknown said...

Wow! Happy 10 years, you two! From my point of view, you two are perfectly perfect together.

My memories from that day:
-staying the night before in your apartment
-being excited that I made a bridal emergency kit with random stuff (not sure if we used it or not)
-getting our hair done that morning...and feared that it would never move again after all the hairspray the lady used.:-)
-the church, with the reception in the basement
-your parents taking me out for dinner to "soup and salad" before dropping me off at the airport to come home

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Happy Anniversary!!! (a lot late - thanks to a week at camp with little to no internet access) It was fun looking at these pictures. I'm wishing I could scan ours... or better yet if I could get them in digital form. Our album is huge and heavy so it didn't make the trip over with us.

Kimberly said...

Elizabeth ... get you one of these scan to digital things! It is so easy and now they are on the computer.