Jun 29, 2012

One Oh Eight

The high today is 108.  That will certainly be a first for this girl! 
I guess this is what you call the Dog Days of Summer?
 Chewie's sure feeling it.


No worries for the rest of us, though.
 I've cranked the AC down to 65 since this morning 
and we've been busy, busy ever since.  
We've been swimming, 
slurping popsicles, 


making forts in the playroom, 


doing chores, 
and have just settled down to a movie (Narnia♥) 
with a picnic in the living room to follow here in a minute. 


Library books are on queue for after lunch.


I kinda like being grounded at home for a day.  
We should do this more often!

3 comments:

Emily said...

good for you! Keepin' 'em busy :) I may use that fort idea before summers' end.

Unknown said...

It's too dang hot for me! The fort reminded me of something that my kids love. We make a fan tent. Take a fitted sheet and a box fan, hook the sheet over the fan, might need to put something in front of the fan to keep it from tipping over and the wind makes a huge bubble that is irresistable. Do it and I bet you'll get inside of it too. :-)

Kimberly said...

Oh my word, Shannon! LOVE that idea. Will let you know how it goes. :)