Mar 20, 2019

If I Had to Turn 40 ...

Alrighty, already.  I turned the 40 that I have been eyeing for some months now.  March 10 was never so dreaded.  It's such a bizarre age to turn!  It's the first time I feel like aging is staring back at me!  Oh well.  Life.  

Anyway, if I had to turn 40, at least I got to do it on my terms ... super low-key without a lot of attention around it and with just the right touch of sweetness.   Josh picked up exactly the weird whims on my birthday list - a car detail and a nice new tennis racket.  Anna made cupcakes and decorated the kitchen no matter how much I told her I didn't need or even want balloons or signs and such.  She also made me a keychain with the kids in a pic.  It's precious.  I went out to Panera with some friends for dinner on Friday and a movie the next day with one of those buds.  And - before the big day could pass - we came home from church to find a really funny and fun flock of flamingos greeting the big bad 40 with me.  I knew just which friend called in that gesture, too.  Giggling commenced and lasted all day as all the birthday wishes rolled in on that FB post.  And just us 5 went out to dinner at O-Charley's (compliments of my too-kind in-laws) and it was delicious and the leftovers the next day were too.  Ha!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I don't care to talk about 40 anymore now.  Ha!  Carry on, y'all! 

No comments: