Sep 27, 2018

Last Weekend Pics

Last weekend pics of sweet and simple pleasures here at home on a nice, slow weekend.  Besides watching football and working in the back yard, there was this ...

Lasa "hiding" from Daddy as he got home from work on Friday. ;)

Playing in the rain, as all good Brown babies are wont to do.
 
 

Noah blessed my heart when he said, "I guess I will go out there.  Since I love her." 
 

Cozying up inside in her new robe that matches her big sister's.

When the rain moved in, we set up the bounce house on the back porch.  It has been getting a LOT of action out there every day this week as we have enjoyed more and more and more rain.

Josh was yanking up garden plants to clear out for the winter and, as he lamented aloud that no eggplants grew,  Anna spotted this little beauty on the vine he ripped up.  Fun surprise.  It's a first ever for Farmer Brown.

I rewatched a "cornrows for beginners" video this weekend and mustered up the gumption to finally give it a good solid try on Lasa's head because I am dying to do these big chunky ones.  I amazed myself by actually doing it right!  Didn't necessarily do it lovely or neat and tidy, but I did it!  I see discernible dutch braids/cornrows on that there head.  I was amazed with myself for an hour after that.  Just kept saying, "Wow! I did that." 
 

Also, we joined back into a Community Group this past weekend after taking last year off entirely.  Josh is leading again, but we are not hosting this go round, which is a good change.  We are meeting at our friends, the Brogdon's house, this year and we had a full group of six families there.  It was SO refreshing to spend that time together. I have missed that! I played it cool and didn't make the group endure me taking pics of us all ... yet. ;)

No comments: