Aug 12, 2018

Weekend Highlights

This one got a cold this week.  Landed us in the first breathing treatment of fall this weekend. Sigh. Also, her ears feel funny, she says.

Noah chilled with a buddy and his buddies for the buddy's birthday.  Trampoline park and Brixx pizza on a Friday night.

We got Lasa's new birth certificate last week.  So bright and early Monday morning, I went to the SS office to request a new card and pleaseohplease a fresh new number.  Five days after applying, we got Lasa's new SS card and IT HAS A NEW NUMBER.  Thank you, Lord, for that favor with the SS people.  We have friends who were denied a new number even with current fraud on it from the birthmother, so I was jumpy about whether or not we would have any luck. Not taking this for granted!

I made the first batch of elderberry of the season.  From homegrown elderberries! 

Anna and Josh constructed a teepee in the back yard. And set it up for watching the Perseid Meteor shower late at night.
 

Lasa tried out a new bike.  I think she is already too big for it. HA!  Pedaling was ... not easy.  We will try again later ... when I don't have to sweat it out in 90 degree heat.

We decided on a location for Anna's special birthday coming up.  And her guests of honor are locked in and available to come.  Anna created their invites herself with so much heart.

We hit up McKays Used Books and I brought home a new haul.  Fresh air, I tell you.  As well, I finished my last book, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine.  SUCH a good read.  Apparently it's gonna be a movie, too.  

And I finally got around to picking an adoption announcement.  And by picking, I mean designing my own.  Happy with how it turned out, as simple as it is. 

Coming to a mailbox near you sometime soon.

No comments: