Aug 5, 2014

The End of Noah's Summer 'Do

Noah's curls were so great this summer that I couldn't bring myself to let them be cut.  


My vanity is to blame.  I loved the compliments he got EVERYWHERE we went the last couple weeks as his curls got longer and tighter than we have let them go in years!  Perfect strangers, at every public place we went, would comment and oogle.  And the people we DO know would straight up ask to put their hands in his hair.  It's been a fun conversation starter.  We love you, Noah's hair!

But, the hair was starting to have a mind of its own as well and was crying out for hair product to show any shred of self-control.


So we went ahead and whacked it off today ... but since I was there for the cut instead of Josh this time, I had the girl leave some extra length up top and  more to the front than not.  I lurve it!  ( Little trivia for ya - I also picked up some kids' curls hair product while I was there, too.)


And I love that we will get to enjoy his curls again sooner since it's already longer on top than the sides.  True story - after she cut just the sides and still had ALLL his curls up top to be dealt with still, it was a total throwback to Kirk Camerion in the 80s.  The girl that cut his hair was cackling over the bug eyes he threw at the mirror when he saw that midway look.  So funny! 

I was of the opinion that his curls would rock a mohawk.  One day maybe.   Halloween?

4 comments:

Emily said...

You should DEFINITELY be the one to keep taking him to get his hair cut I "lurve?" it too! haha! You are totally one of those huh? hahahahaha! He looks great!

Kimberly said...

I lurve the word lurve. :}

Emily said...

I bet Josh lurves you using the word lurve. hahahahaha!

Kimberly said...

Oh yeah ... almost as much as he lurves it when I say, "whatevs."