Oct 31, 2021

Halloween 2021

We bucked tradition this year - the kids opted not to dress up or go trick or treating.  This being our first year NOT in a neighborhood would have made it more of an outing to go to one than we wanted to put effort into. Ha!  So we unanimously voted to go buy candy for ourselves and stay in and watch scary movies instead - Lasa's pick was Muppets Haunted Mansion, the big kids' pick was A Quiet Place, and the parents' pick was Ghostbusters.  I worried all month when we weren't prepping costumes that the littlest would change her mind at the last minute, but she held fast to her decision.  We picked up hot dogs and roasted them over a fire.  Anna tested out her pumpkin catapult she built ... and even sneakily pulled together a last minute costume that she surprised us with - Luna Lovegood.  Candy and popcorn were consumed.  Movies were watched.  It was a really nice night!  I could get into this as a new tradition. 

2 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

That catapult and that girl! She's something else. :)

I am a little sad y'all didn't go trick-or-treating though. The end of an era.

Kimberly said...

I thought I would be more sentimental about the end of this era ... Go figure! I guess this past year or two has me rolling with alllll the punches and changes. HA!