Jun 7, 2021

Smith Lake Trip

This Memorial Day, the kids and I headed south to Smith Lake in Alabama with my family for a week of getaway and Josh followed a couple days later for the tail end of the trip.  It is still quite new being around my parents at all, but it was a great and low-key vacay.  Time with cousins is always the best.  My parents rented a boat one day and that was a total blast.  My parents actually paid for the entire house, which was a total blessing.  The house had room for EVERYONE to spread out and wasn't up a million steps from our lakeside dock, so it was super convenient.  The neighbor's dog coming to play every day was a free perk for the kids.  Ha! I have a million pics, but will try to limit myself to dropping only half a million. ;) 

Each family made dinner one night.  We had a marathon Phase 10 match.  I enjoyed a pina colada and a couple strawberry daquiris throughout the week that Lee mixed for us all.  Some nights we stayed up late, others we turned in before 10.  Mornings went slow.  Fishing was done, but no fish were caught.  Ping pong and sidewalk chalk and video games and Apples to Apples and indoor snowball fights and coloring/drawing took place. And badminton, foosball, and kickball pictured above already. No TV at all.  We avoided discussing polarizing current events, except for a convo about vaccines I had to fancyfootwork myself through.  Ha!  Just, the simplest and sweetest fun together.  Thankful!  And bonus, Josh and Noah picked up some much-needed free lumber from my parents on the way home.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I LOVE Smith Lake. It's so deep and clean. We used to take our boat there often (pre-kids, back when we lived in Birmingham and had a boat). Looks like y'all had a great time.

The White Family said...

Looks like such a fun time! I'm glad that you were able to enjoy a few days with your parents and sister and her family!

Amy Faye Brown said...

Family and cousin time makes for the very best summer memories!

Kimberly said...

Yes to all! I was so pleased with how clean the lake water was. And yes, all such fun - lake, cousins, boat, summer!