Jan 31, 2024

January's New Life

 Just finished my first full month in my new home in my new life.  If you told me last January I would be living in Hville, working, in Portland, divorced - I would have fallen over in absolute shock and disbelief.  And yet, here I am.  Living a life I never saw coming, would have never chosen, and yet it's gonna be ok.  The Lord continues to be so near and to blow my mind with his presence and provision.  There is a peace here I didn't know I was missing.

This January housed a week and a half of snow days off from school.  We got 8 inches of snow at our house!  Lasa had just been returned to Anna and me so we three ladies cozied up and cocooned in our new Hville home and had not one complaint. Not one.  Lasa lost another tooth this month.  And our beloved Finnick just disappeared.  We hold out hope that he will blow our minds and just show up out of nowhere in the spring.  Others have said that's happened with their cats before.   Lasa got her first ever "device" -  a Gizmo watch and she is so thrilled with it.  I won nothing at Bunco again but got another great pic of the group.  I love those friends.  We saw Noah once or twice.  Anna took a couple watercolor paint jobs and also dyed her hair again.  Dark blue ... that didn't really last.  Oh well!  Anna and her permit finally got the car back in her hot little hands and has applied and been approved for a hardship license.  We are getting her behind the wheel every chance we can.  I shriek and screech in fear just about every trip out.  Ha!  January also housed that one last court date for the second day of trial, so things really seemed to intensify leading up to that.  It was a long and hard 5 hours in court and the judge ended up taking the main things under advisement and not issuing any ruling.  We just wait to hear back ... it's an awful kind of waiting, but at least there is the relief of knowing my part is done.  Anna testified also, so that was an experience for her. Please continue to pray for us and for really favorable outcomes as we expectantly watch to see what the Lord will unfold in terms of custody of Lasa, alimony, and who will be responsible for all these attorney's fees.  I am desperate to see what he has determined once and for all.


No comments: